• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot update Galaxy Tab!

This morning connected my Galaxy Tab to KIES and it prompted that there is an update !!

it took ages to download its binary files then finally after it got done, it gave me a decryption error !!

I have changed my sales code to gain access to market, could this be the problem or do i redownload the files !!

Isn't there a way to UPGRADE fw via OTA? or placing update.zip in root of sd nd flashing from recovery? (similar to HTC devices)

how do I upgrade to the latest version? help please

Cheers
Jackie

PS: Please find attached the firmware code : current and new !

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 46
This morning connected my Galaxy Tab to KIES and it prompted that there is an update !!

it took ages to download its binary files then finally after it got done, it gave me a decryption error !!

I have changed my sales code to gain access to market, could this be the problem or do i redownload the files !!

Isn't there a way to UPGRADE fw via OTA? or placing update.zip in root of sd nd flashing from recovery? (similar to HTC devices)

how do I upgrade to the latest version? help please

Cheers
Jackie

PS: Please find attached the firmware code : current and new !
So you thought you would try over here as well Jackie.

Upvote 0
I just bought the tab a couple of hours back and it prompted for a firmware update...........did that..........now it's stuck on Downloading(on the tab) and says do not turn of target.............ant help would be most appreciated.......I just signed up here and had this $%#@ up so did not find time to introduce myself.....will do so soon.

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones