• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't access playstore after Marshmallow

rgs

LG G4 on Canadian carrier Telus. After updating to Android 6 it will no longer access the playstore. Just get a white screen with the circle going round and round. Went into Apps and cleared cache and data and then got in once but then went back to white screen. Anyone else have this problem or have a fix for it?

Hmnn... Guess I spoke a bit too soon. It worked once after that but then stopped working again. If I reboot it will work once more but then stops. Then, when I tap on My apps and games, I get to the Playstore screen and the My Apps or Games screen comes up when I tap on that but the rest it blank and the little circle just keeps going round. Strange. Seems I have to reboot everytime I want to check the Playstore.

Hmnn... today it's working again. Maybe just needed several reboots. Anyway, thanks again for your help.

Apologies, I totally forgot to respond yesterday. :(

There must be something up if you need to reboot to access the Play Store.

Try clearing all the cache on the phone, Settings - Storage - Cached Data.

See if that helps.

Didn't have any effect. If I clear cache and data in Google Play Services it will work once as long as I stay on that screen till the updates complete. Then all I get now is a blank white screen if I click on Play Store again. Strange. Wonder if anyone else has encountered this. Other than that Marshmallow works well.

I have same problem after updated to marshmallow (verizon). I've tried clearing cached data, clearing cache, restarted in safe mode, rebooting, etc. Not only can i not get to google play store, but i cannot use gmail, the google widget thing, youtube, etc. What's going on?

EDITED TO ADD: Also, when i reboot, i get "Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped."

Last edited:
That's worse than my problem. At least after rebooting I can get into the Play Store once or twice before it stops working. Everything else seems to be working fine. Doze is particularly nice in providing longer battery power.

Spent about an hour chatting with Verizon Support last night. She said she checked with LG and has noticed that there have been several similar reports. Factory Data Reset has my device working now, hopefully it sticks.

Yes, I know factory data reset will likely work but so far I've resisted. It's just the huge hassle of setting up my phone screens again the way I like them. I may yet do the factory reset. Came close yesterday when Play Store stopped working altogether despite cache and data resets and rebooting, but then I went into Apps and removed all the Play Store updates. Then I was able to go into the Play Store, get all the updates again and it's working fine. We'll see how long it continues to work.

I also can't access the playstore and I can't even get gmail to work either. I'm really not liking MM right now and I wish I could just go back to Lollipop.

Called Verizon today. Can I stop the daily nag to install the update? Rep took the time to really ask around. Nope.

I suspect that two old apps that I depend on will stop working with this update. Give me a choice!

Accessing Playstore is continuing to work fine for me after removing and reinstalling the updates to it. That might also help with Gmail and other apps too if you're having a problem with them.

Back
Top Bottom