• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't access Recovery when trying to load twrp

bbop107

Lurker
Hi Everyone,

First off I am a total novice and I put my hands up to say I should not have tried to root my phone. I merely wanted to root so that I could actually use the space on my SD card, which the HTC Desire doens't.

I did try to do this manually by reading a few guide and walkthroughs with no success. So then I used the sunshine app to unlock my bootloader and then WinDriod to load TWRP recovery and then hopefully root the phone. It does say ***unloacked*** on the fastboot menu. However, I sort of messed up my phone.

I cannot load into recovery mode - it goes to a HTC load screen then right back to fastboot usb menu.
I cannot install any new apps (though a couple did install after a restart)
I cannot factory restore the phone either.

Can anyone advise me how to return my phone to its normal state or advise on how to fix this problem?

Appreciate any help anyone can give me!

Ah I solved the app issue by reverting to an older version of the play store. So my phone works "fine. But why can't i boot into recovery?

Thanks Everyone!

Are you sure you flashed a recovery image that was meant for your specific device and model? That generally seems to be the issue when recovery won't boot. There are many versions of TWRP out there, but there's gonna be version specifically for your device, if that's not what you flashed already.

What phone have you got?

That recovery seems to be for the HTC Desire 510, while this forum is for the original Desire (A8181, aka Bravo). If you have a 510 we can move this to somewhere more appropriate - since this forum dates back to 2010 not many people visit it these days, and the chance of another owner of your device seeing it here is slim.

I don't know about Windroid - did you try fastboot flashing the recovery directly? It's a simple enough thing to do and removes one extra layer of software (I always regard such things as one more thing to go wrong).

Yes I have the HTC Desire 510, so if you can move this to the best place that would be great! I did fastboot and flash myself first and it seemed to work according to the cmd, but then wouldn't load into recovery. I figured I did something wrong so tried the software recommended by an XDA developer, but same result - cant access TWRP.

Back
Top Bottom