• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't back up to new device

Jules07

Lurker
I'm trying to backup all my apps to my new device. It started but then stopped. I can't find a way anywhere in my settings or google account (playstore) to finish/restart the process. In my settings it just says 'waiting to back up'. Any help please? I've never had a problem with other devices.

So the old device is backed up, and you are trying to restore them on your new device? Or vice versa? Is the new device the JVC? Which device has stopped?

So the old device is backed up, and you are trying to restore them on your new device? Or vice versa? Is the new device the JVC? Which device has stopped?
Yes both are backed up, JVC tablet is new, restoring from Nokia 5.3. All good on the Nokia, the JVC just won't install. :(

Nokia is Android 11, JVC is Android 10. That wouldn't matter would it?
no should not matter.

how are you restoring via google? your new tablet only has 16gig of storage. just so you know, the android os will take up some of that room, so you actually do not have a full 16 gigs of space.

no should not matter.

how are you restoring via google? your new tablet only has 16gig of storage. just so you know, the android os will take up some of that room, so you actually do not have a full 16 gigs of space.
Yes, via Google. My storage is 32GB. 10GB used.

you can just go into google play and install your apps that way.
I know that. I bought an android tablet specifically so I could install all my apps and games with data. I've lost all progress in most of my games, my Gmail isn't up to date, I don't even know what else I've not got yet. What's the point of having google back up if it doesn't do that? This is the only time this has happened.

Back
Top Bottom