• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't change permissions on Xrecovery help?

saeed_htb

Lurker
I'm currently trying to install xrecovery to install android 2.3 but when I try to change the permissions of the program in Root Explorer I get this error.

'Permissions change was not successful. Please note that some file systems(e.g SD Card) do not allow permission changes.'

I have my phone rooted with superuser aswell

Anyone help??

I'm currently trying to install xrecovery to install android 2.3 but when I try to change the permissions of the program in Root Explorer I get this error.

'Permissions change was not successful. Please note that some file systems(e.g SD Card) do not allow permission changes.'

Anyone help??

oohhh yeah as soon as i solve my proble because of lack of gauidness quickly i register to help you buddy :

mine had same problem and this is solution

unistall all xrecovery u installed before
delete previous xrecovery.tar and other 2 file (busy box) and others from root and system\bin directory .

1 download recovery signed apk (mine downloaded from mediafire)
site wont let me put link here . u can easily search "recovery signed apk mediafire" on google and find it

2 .go to market and install busy box .
2.1 -when it ask what version u want to install choose th last one 1.8...
2.2 -and when it aks where do u wanna install , choose system\bin
2.3 -done installation

4 now install xrecovery_singed.apk

when u wanna istall it 3 items shows bellow the installation buttom .
choose install and u will see three item checked(means installed)

5 .. now use root explorer and go system\bin
6 find xrecovery.tar and change permission :D

if u had problem let me know

Anyone help??

and im persian too if u are :D and ps : top reply recovery file wont work to complete run xrecovery ! beside that permission allowed ! .

Back
Top Bottom