• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't change the text message alert tone...

wise00

Lurker
I have 2 LG Leons & I am not sure at what point it happened, but the text alert tone changed on BOTH phones. There is nothing I can do to change it back to what they were. They both played different text alert tones, but now both play the same text alert tone.

I called my local T-Mobile store & played the alert for them on speakerphone & the guy said it's odd because it isn't even a tone ANY of their phones make. It sounds like a Windows tone my desktop makes from time to time, but these are Android phones. He said I can bring them in & they will try to play with them to get them to change but I am trying to avoid having to go into the store & drag my kids... the store is always super busy there & we end up waiting FOREVER.

Thank you :)

Can you go into the settings under your text message screen and manually change them back to Default? There should be an area you can click on in the text message screen to get to the settings then look for Notifications and then Sounds . Default is usually the first option and can be selected by clicking on it.

The default says "game over" which is what I had selected originally... it still plays the same odd tone that isn't even an option under sounds, etc..

All of the other alert sounds work fine on both phones... it's just the text alerts that do not work & can't be changed from the weird tone. GAH!! This is driving me nuts!! lol

I notice if I disable the "read caller info & messages" out loud it will change the tone to whatever I want it to be. At one point it worked to be able to select the tone AND have the caller & messages info read out loud. I wonder if the system update eliminated that option?!​

Okay... I think I figured it out. I must not have had the read out loud option ticked for text messages before or the system update changed the option to customize the tone and still being able to have it read out loud. If I disable the read out loud option for messages I can customize the ring tone... not sure why I have to disable it because I can still customize it for the ring tone AND have it read out loud... but at least I can change the tone to something I can hear now :). TY!

Back
Top Bottom