• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't connect to exchange server after 4.04

Whatever client I use (stock, roadsync, touchdown) I can no longer connect to my work exchange server. Things were fine before the update and other devices do not have a problem so I don't think its a server issue. anyone else seeing this and any ideas how to fix it? I get a -1002 error with roadsync and the other 2 clients just hang.

I have done a factory reset.

Thanks

R.

I updated to 4.0.3 and the emails doesn't sync properly. Delete emails from phone but still there in main email account. Widgets don't refresh properly (Although scrolling down the widget seems to force the refresh). Have to live with it until JB I guess. But as long as the emails are pushed to the phone, that really is the most important thing.

I updated to 4.0.3 and the emails doesn't sync properly. Delete emails from phone but still there in main email account. Widgets don't refresh properly (Although scrolling down the widget seems to force the refresh). Have to live with it until JB I guess. But as long as the emails are pushed to the phone, that really is the most important thing.
i have problem reading hotmail emails with long text
it simply doesn't show anything

POP3

Email receive ok. Can read fine. Widget doesn't refresh properly. Changes on phone not sync back to hotmail server (Premium Account doesn't work as Premium Account). Sync (Push) Schedule sometimes doesn't follow settings. Otherwise its ok.

I just bought the Galaxy S2 2 weeks ago and it is used for both home & work. Last week I was forced to do the upgrade. Before the upgrade my Outlook Exchange email was great, after the upgrade I continually get the error that I need to 'update my security settings' & it won't connect to the exchange server. I've removed & added the account multiple times, checked my settings and each time I try to manually sync I will get maybe one or 2 emails before getting the error again. My settings are exactly the same as before the upgrade, nothing has changed there. I've not had any issues with reading the emails, attachments or 'replying to all', just that the sync isn't working.

My Google email account is fine, it's only the Outlook exchange that's affected. (I did have an issue with the contacts syncing up w/Facebook, Outlook & Google but that's not a problem anymore.)

Any ideas? I rely on my phone for work when I'm not near my laptop & a manual sync request just isn't reliable.

If there are any hints/tips/suggestions I'm ready to try them!

After the upgrade I was having the same issues with exchange....I deleted the account and set it up againg and everything works fine now

I'm having the same problem after 4.04. I removed the exchange account from my phone and reinstalled. I get the error: Setup could not finish: Unable to connect to server. Other phones such as iphones and HTC Evos don't have this problem. Only my S3.

I'm getting the same thing, since the update I couldn't connect to wifi for ages, also I can't get e-mail. Iv'e done 3 factory resets in the last couple of weeks. There are other things that don't seem to work as they did before as well. The battery has always been poor for me, even with juice defender.

Iv'e really had enough of all these silly updates that take samsung forever to sort out (don't they test them first?), I use my phone for work so all these problems are a major headache for me. I love the s2 but samsung seem to be going out of their way to put people off buying their products.

I eventually sorted mine. My employer had changed the server name from the one I had been using when they upgraded to exchange server 2010. They did this last year although they said both names should still work. Earlier versions of android seemed to cope with the old name, 4.04 wouldn't. I changed the server name to the new name and it connected fine. Other devices still happily use the old name!

R.

Back
Top Bottom