• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cant connect to WiFi OR 3G

So a few days ago i noticed that my phone would not connect to 3G (The signal bars were grey instead of blue). Usually this would be solved by simply turning on and off 3G, however this made no difference. Assuming it was a simple bug in my ROM (Pacman), i would just update it to the latest version later this week when i had time. However yesterday my phone wouldnt connect to my WiFi network either! The bars for wifi are also greyed out. So i figured id do a complete overhaul and reflash my raido and my ROM. So after that, nothing happens, same exact problem. Last night though, my phone eventually connected to the network and 3G was up and running. I left my house today and turned off my phone, and upon returning i encountred the same problem.
Things to know:
I did install a new router on saturday, but it worked alright till sunday with my phone
ALL other devices in my home connect seemlessly to the router.
This is definitly a problem with my phone and not my network.

Any solutions??

i flashed an updated version of PACMAN. It shouldnt really be that though becasue it worked fine before on the older version

Don't use the word should. Confirm.
It takes me 10 minutes (maybe less) to create a nandroid, wipe all partitions, and install a new ROM.

Didn't you say that the older version was having this problem and that's what prompted the upgrade? Why not load up jmz just to see?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones