• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can't delete any files with root access

Simon84

Lurker
Hi!

Im new here. I see that there are many experienced members here, and i hope that could help me solve the problem.

I have rooted galaxy s2, JB 4.1.2 and kernel siyah v6.0b5.But suddently my usb storage,sdcard0 and micro SD Card became protected.
I can't move or delete files. (error access denied) Can't download anymore from google play, and applications can't save on sdcard0 anymore.
But my phone is rooted and i can use all applications that i have installed.

I already did factory reset, and i format usb storage but files always come back. I also rooted again I've put all my knowledge, but i can't find a solution.
sorry for my bad english :(

Can anyone help me?

Which carrier are you using? When we know that we can move your question to the forum dedicated to root-related issues with your phone.

... Thom

i think i found something. I had installed application Clean Master. And this app optimizing apps and moved them also on sd card to gain space . I know i moved one app back to usb storage. It's possible that this is a problem now?

Also when i connect phone with pc, and if i want to delete any folder, i get a warning 'the storage is write protected' (sdcard0). But phone is rooted :mad:

What root file manager are you using?

Try Root Browser from the playstore, it will delete anything on a rooted device. Make sure you grant it superuser permission before deleting something, after you delete the file or folder, reboot your device.

i think i found something. I had installed application Clean Master. And this app optimizing apps and moved them also on sd card to gain space . I know i moved one app back to usb storage. It's possible that this is a problem now?

Also when i connect phone with pc, and if i want to delete any folder, i get a warning 'the storage is write protected' (sdcard0). But phone is rooted :mad:

No, move application to SD card should not lock SD card. It must be some settings which locked your SD card.

What root file manager are you using?

Try Root Browser from the playstore, it will delete anything on a rooted device. Make sure you grant it superuser permission before deleting something, after you delete the file or folder, reboot your device.

Big thank you badblue1:D

I somehow copied root browser from pc to sd card, and then deleted most of folders on sdcard0. And suddenly all permissions disappear :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom