• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't download from Android Marketplace after rooting??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryandelman

Here's the problem:

I finally (after some trouble) rooted my Captivate earlier today. Since then, I have not been able to download any apps from the Android Marketplace, either paid or free.

The apps get to the stage of "Starting Download" but just wind up hanging there infinitely.

Is it likely that something occurred during or indirectly related to the rooting itself that's caused this problem, or is this just as likely coincidental?

Any thoughts?

-Ryan

Install market enabler? Worth a try.

Edit: I think I know what you did. You uninstalled Google Talk didn't you. I just did the exact same thing....

Shortly put: We are both screwed. Seems like Google market uses Google talk in order to operate. Fortunately, there is a fix - Reflashing the firmware. This is the only option. Hard reset doesn't fix the problem. I tried it.

Install market enabler? Worth a try.

Edit: I think I know what you did. You uninstalled Google Talk didn't you. I just did the exact same thing....

Shortly put: We are both screwed. Seems like Google market uses Google talk in order to operate. Fortunately, there is a fix - Reflashing the firmware. This is the only option. Hard reset doesn't fix the problem. I tried it.

how do you reflash the firmware cause i got the same problem going on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom