• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't download updates

odatkid

Hi All,
I have tried repeatedly to download updates to no avail. I have been clearing the data from the play store app as well as Google services but cannot download. VERY discouraging. It used to work just fine and now this. I wish I knew what was different and what the hell happened:mad:.

I really wish I could help you with this issue, but it seems like you have tried everything to no luck. What I do know that would have fixed it was restoring the original backup which you told me was lost with the corrupt sd card.

Hopefully someone can chime in that knows of a definite solution.

The last and most drastic thing you can do would be to use the unbrick guide which restores the phone back to factory.

I would try to wait and see first if someone knows a good fix. Unbrick guide is last resort when all else fails. I've used this guide around 20 times since I bricked trying many different things. lol

Good luck bro.

have you tried flashing a new rom? and not putting old data back on it?
Yes I have and all was working perfectly and then stopped for some unknown reason. I may have done something that I'm not aware of or it's just flawed. It's happened to me on the stock phone and on both Icy Spirit and Katana:confused:.
I guess it's something I've done and will eventually figure it out.

Thanks.....Tom

OK...I connected to a neighbor's wireless network to see if that would work and it did! Then I reconnected to my own wireless network and it now works also:confused:. It may be a crazy coincidence so I'll see what happens going forward and keep you informed.

Back
Top Bottom