• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't Edit Folder Name in ADW.Launcher

I am using ADW.Launcher on my new Droid X and could ask this question a couple of ways:

1) Why can't I edit a folder name?

~or~

2) How can I make a folder for all my "News" shortcuts/icons and another for my "Weather" shortcuts and one for "Utilities"...and so on.?

I re-watched the sales video on YouTube [ADWLauncher EX http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD5WD-HDagM and at 1:50 they demonstrate a long press that takes one to the edit icon. On mine, there is no edit icon, only a remove trash can.

The video is showing the EX/paid version which does do a couple of things the free version does not (like a 3-D app drawer). This edit feature couldn't possibly be missing in the free version, could it? (I suppose anything is possible).

TIA

drcarl

On mine, if you press and hold on an icon, once the trashcan shows up and you let go of the icon, you get a little "strip" above the icon that says "REMOVE/EDIT/UNINSTALL."

That's exactly what mine does, oh, except (like I kind of mentioned) all I get is the "Remove" trashcan and I do NOT get the "Edit" or "Uninstall" buttons.

I tried holding it for 15 seconds...(although I already know I was holding it long enough - worth a try).

By the time I get this answered I'll probably have located and installed some other recommended apps to create folders, and rename/re-icon them. I'll try to stay away from those that are widgets to conserve battery.

[androxplorer, FolderOrganizer, Apps Organizer]

Thanks anyway

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones