• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cant Factory Reset

gioakjoe

I cant get my phone Iv tried going to settings and click the erase every thing button and i can press it all day and nothing happens.

I also tried rebooting it using the key combo power + vol up + Menu buttons to get to factory reset nothing happens

Update**
so after a million tries and taking out sim and sd card I finally got the setting reset to work.

I've got TWO on my desk that I'm trying to get to boot as well. Don't know who did what to them before hand, but neither can get far enough to use ADB to push a recovery to them.

Currently on my 999th try of using the Power+VolUp+Menu key combo to get a factory reset on the one that will let me. It goes into what looks like stock recovery (Android Guy with a massive polyhedron spinning in his belly), and does .. something. Then it reboots and hangs at the Now Loading screen.

I don't suppose you know if there IS a fastboot menu I could use to push the aboot.img, boot.img, and recovery.img to it?

HOW?! My phone battery has been having issues for weeks, I finally decide to get the new bigger battery. Next day after ordering it, It goes into an encryption error in a bootloop. I have not tried to root the phone or anything of the sort. Verizon techs, and myself have tried innumerable ways to do the factory reset. Any advice on the timing of the key combinations? Please

Back
Top Bottom