• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't find 3G

Basje12

Lurker
Hi guys,

Sorry for posting my Huawei Ascend g510 question here, but I couldn't find the proper section. I recently bought my phone and closed a telephone subscription including data (3G), but whenever I go outside of my wifi range I can't send any messages or anything. I can't find a menu for 3G or anything or WLAN.. please help me out :)

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forums!
You can download the french user's guide from Huawei site.
Support-Ascend G510-Manuals-Huawei Consumer BG

What do you mean with not finding 3G or WLAN menu? WLAN - Settings / Wireless networks. For 3G data, you have to enable it in popdown menu - tray, click on the icon with arrow up and down. This helps if you're on 3G network (3G icon in tray), but can't use data.
If you're not on 3G network, there should be option to prefer 3G or other networks, maybe older networks are preferred. I don't know where this one is in your phone, in normal Android it's in the Settings, More, Mobile networks. I don't know your country or carrier, but in Europe you also need to setup APN in the Mobile networks menu (but mostly it's autodetected), I think this is not needed in America (not sure).
For more options, go to Settings, All, Wireless networks, More, Data usage. You can enable/disable 3G here and set few more options. For more, see the page 55-58 of the french user's guide.

Sorry for the Menu texts, it's just rough translation, I'm lazy to switch my phone to english.

Hi thanks for the help! I set up an APN but there is still no 3G sign in the top row bar or popdown menu. I already restarted my phone..

I also have a 3G m860 and your problem is NOT with your phone! Metro never bothered to proliferate 3G service! They went right to 4G! The ONLY time I get a 3G indicator (next to signal meter) is when I'm in New York! In south Jersey there is NO 3G service from Metro PCS!

I also have a 3G m860 and your problem is NOT with your phone! Metro never bothered to proliferate 3G service! They went right to 4G! The ONLY time I get a 3G indicator (next to signal meter) is when I'm in New York! In south Jersey there is NO 3G service from Metro PCS!

Back
Top Bottom