• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't find my 5ghz wifi-N network!

vmbridun

My Rise can't seem to locate my wifi-N network. I have an Apple Time Capsule for our router and my mac to back up it's files with and my mac sees the 5ghz network fine but my Kyocera Rise just doesn't see it. I've tried adding it manually and when I do it says that the network is out of range. I've changed the channels from lowest to highest and nothing shows up in my Rise settings. How can I get this to work? I'm hoping I can get faster througput on all things internet-related on my phone at home since watching youtube videos always pause for a long time and rebuffer a lot. I don't have any of those issues on any of our laptops though. Any ideas??

This phone is brand new, just got it 2 days ago.

Don't think the Rise has a dual-channel antenna supporting 5GHz. The settings aren't there like are on other devices that do have a 5GHz antenna.

If you know what you are doing it might be possible to change your router settings to a different frequency

to access the settings of most routers type in 192.168.1.1 in your address bar, if that dosnt work you can also check the bottom of your router for a settings address
once you get in, try to find a wireless setting, look for channels or broadcast type

sorry I cant be more helpful routers very from model to model

Back