• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't Flash CWM with Rom Toolbox

matther22xdroid

I recently got a droid x from a friend just to mess with rooting and romming it. I factory reset used framaroot to root and Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap to strap CWM and created a backup. I went thru forums looking for roms and downloads and all the links to the Roms are dead or changed. So on from there I downloaded Rom Toolbox Lite which had some roms. BUT it won't let me flash CWM to the phone to install the roms(i tried bootstrapping then going back to Rom Toolbox to flash but that wouldn't work either). Can someone point me to a forum or help me out with this?:confused:

I recently got a droid x from a friend just to mess with rooting and romming it. I factory reset used framaroot to root and Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap to strap CWM and created a backup. I went thru forums looking for roms and downloads and all the links to the Roms are dead or changed. So on from there I downloaded Rom Toolbox Lite which had some roms. BUT it won't let me flash CWM to the phone to install the roms(i tried bootstrapping then going back to Rom Toolbox to flash but that wouldn't work either). Can someone point me to a forum or help me out with this?:confused:

What android version are you running

Well I figured out that I was on .621 and that I had to use a patched rom in order for it to work. So I'm running the patched version of liberty v3. Also I used Droid 2 bootstrapper to bootstrap recovery and then used rom manager to flash it that part worked great.

once ROM is installed, option to reboot to cwm should be
long press power> reboot> recovery
phone will reboot to cwm
shouldn't need to upgrade cwm, but not sure about that ROM

I have found that Pooka CM7 runs the smoothest and has the highest quadrant score of 1925 while Liberty only had 1500. Nothing compared to the 12,300 my s4 gets the though!:smokingsomb:

I will give those a try as well. I need to get a better x though his is pretty rough there's lines in the screen scratches on the glass battery is shot chips all over the plastic and buttons. I'd be better off to buy a good condition one off eBay or swappa then fix this one up.

Back
Top Bottom