• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't get Do Not Disturb to block cslls

NewArtDroid

Apr 26, 2013
New York City area
I want to block calls weekdays from 8 - 12 from everyone. Settings are in those pictures, but I am still getting calls.

Attachments

• 1475875050372.jpg
    1475875050372.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 157
  • 1475875073984.jpg
    1475875073984.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 168
I'm uncertain if this will work as you want but... from what I'm reading/seeing... it'll be up to you to test since I don't want mine off ever.

This probably has no control over call history ( nor anything to do with when things are sent to voicemail AFAIK )

Settings -> Sound & Notifications -> Do Not Disturb

Select Automatic Rules
Create a new rule by selecting Add rule and name it as you want
Select Time Rule
Under Days, select the days you want the rule to be active
Set the Start time and End times
On the Do not disturb setting... select Total silence

Make certain the rule is actually turned on ( upper right corner switch )

Give that a shot... if it doesn't work... then Do Not Disturb doesn't do as you are wanting and you'll need to look at other possible options.

Here is a basic overview of the settings but doesn't give too many specific examples https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/108956/p/1449,9582

Upvote 0
Under Priority Only Allows...you have "Selected callers" chosen.

Are the Selected callers the only ones that are coming through?

Or are you still receiving calls from everyone in that time frame?
Also repeat callers is turned on (ring if somebody calls twice in 15 minutes) - so if somebody calls back a second time in less than 15 minutes, it will ring.

Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones