• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't get google now to talk back, no English (US) on settings

I just got a samsung galaxy victory and google now is not talking back at all.

I did some research and it said to go to settings/language and input/language and specifically choose "English (United States)" for it to work and it's shown in videos. However, mine only says "English" and can't get google now to talk back.

Any idea how to bring it up to say "English (United States)?

Thank you!

I'm not sure I'd be able to help. My Victory works with the whole talking thing but my HTC One inexplicably refuses to respond, and I haven't been able to fix that, either.

Mine worked on my S3 up until a few days ago. Right after an update to Google Search. Not sure if it was changed altogether or for certain phones.

not you friend, the other guy saying he couldn't help because hi phone does work. And you were right, mine worked today after an update, went away after another (samsung) update, then came back...

I just hate that type of un-answers. The I don't know, never had that problem before kind.

I was stating that I have the same issue on a different phone, and I haven't been able to solve it. I poked and prodded my Victory last night, without taking the Google Launcher update, and I can't seem to duplicate the issue. Are there 2-3 different English options in the speech recognition downloads? You may have to manually download one.

not you friend, the other guy saying he couldn't help because hi phone does work. And you were right, mine worked today after an update, went away after another (samsung) update, then came back...

I just hate that type of un-answers. The I don't know, never had that problem before kind.

He was letting you know it was not a "shared" problem , Comments like his are 1 step in narrowing down possible problems.
Saying things like "I hate" about ppls comments kinda makes ppl not want to help you. (And dibblebill is kinda one of the ppl you want helping you) :what:

Question: I know on the One I haven't been able to resolve it, but if you go to additional languages, can you download the English (US)? Which Language/English options do you have?

Back
Top Bottom