• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't install sense keyboard

montenell

So I flashed the latest mobster gunz from and like it but it does not have the sense keyboard. I pulled the apk from another from (harmonia} but when I try to install it says application not installed. What's wrong? I really need that swype keyboard that sense has

So I flashed the latest mobster gunz from and like it but it does not have the sense keyboard. I pulled the apk from another from (harmonia} but when I try to install it says application not installed. What's wrong? I really need that swype keyboard that sense has
pull the apk from harmonia and put it in mobsters rom before you flash. that needs to be a in the rom before flashing

pull the apk from harmonia and put it in mobsters rom before you flash. that needs to be a in the rom before flashing

I tried this (only using the HTC_IME.apk from the JmzStock_VM_Shooter_Odex.zip rom), and I still don't see the sense keyboard anywhere! What am I missing?

Looked in /system/app with file browser. HTC_IME.apk is there, and permissions/ownership appears the same as all other apk files in there...

What apk do I need to copy over to "restore" the stock keyboard?

I tried this (only using the HTC_IME.apk from the JmzStock_VM_Shooter_Odex.zip rom), and I still don't see the sense keyboard anywhere! What am I missing?

Looked in /system/app with file browser. HTC_IME.apk is there, and permissions/ownership appears the same as all other apk files in there...

Try getting the one for the Sprint 2.89 Firmware not the Virgin 1.13

Probably will show as internal settings under language and keyboards

Probably will show as internal settings under language and keyboards

I copied the HTC_IME.apk from Harmonia ROM, and it showed up as "internal settings". It was the black themed keyboard...

Then, I copied the HTC_IME.apk from Mobstergunz's "Power_Rom_092112.zip" ROM, and it showed up as "Touch Input", and is the white/light gray themed keyboard from stock...

Turns out you can just use a root file explorer to delete the current HTC_IME.apk file from /system/app and copy another one (i.e. no need to add it to the Mobster ROM zip file and re-flash). Just need to set owner/group to root/root, and permissions to 644 (i.e. rw-r--r--), then reboot. Not sure why the one from JMZ's rooted stock ROM wouldn't work...

Try getting the one for the Sprint 2.89 Firmware not the Virgin 1.13

The HTC_IMU.apk from the Sprint 2.89 firmware was not recognized after copying it to /system/app, changing the owner/group to root/root, changing permissions to 0644 (rw-r--r--), and rebooting.

Copied the one from Power_Rom_092112 back, changed owner/group/permissions & rebooted--recognized that one fine!

Curious!

The HTC_IMU.apk from the Sprint 2.89 firmware was not recognized after copying it to /system/app, changing the owner/group to root/root, changing permissions to 0644 (rw-r--r--), and rebooting.

Copied the one from Power_Rom_092112 back, changed owner/group/permissions & rebooted--recognized that one fine!

Curious!

Odd........ but hey at least it works

Back
Top Bottom