• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cant install twrp recovery on my Samsung S3 neo. lost stock recovery too!

Hi guys!
So I rooted my Samsung galaxy S3 neo GT-I9300I with KingRoot.
And then I was searching for methods to installl Twrp recovery for my device without using odin ( that seemed rocket science to ne then)
I finally found this method on xda by Rox ( a senior developer for my device) which Im quoting below : 3rd method ( Terminal emulator - requires rooted device )

1. Download recovery.img and transfer it to your phone ( i will use /sdcard but it is optional)
2. Download Terminal Emulator from playstore
3. Open Teminal emulator and type
NOTE: It is VERY IMPORTANT to write this correctly because you are risking to hard brick your device if you mistype number, double check before pressing enter
Code:
su
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p15
or to be 100% sure you can write this, effect is same
Code:
su
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
Note: You can change path to recovery.img to your optional
4. Now you have TWRP recovery on your device ( Boot with vol up + home + power

Courtesy : rox from xda
Link of method : http://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...overy-t-r-p-samsung-galaxy-s3-neo-gt-t2906840

So when i rebooted my device to recovery it went to download mode ( odin mode) with message "could not normal boot " .
Then i tried to boot it normally and yes it did.
But now the problem is that I dont have any recovery on my mobile. I cant boot into recovery. If i try to boot in recovery thw phone directly goes to odin mode.
After that I even tried flashing twrp by odin and also by flashify app . But nothing worked.
Please guys help me get a recovery no matter if it is stock or custom.
I just want a recovery for my phone atleast.
Cause my phone gets stuck in a boot loop i wouldnt be able to save it without a recovery.
Please guys help. Thanks in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones