• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't open jpg with own choice of PC Software

Spratz

In a Windows PC OS you can select the default program to open a file type such as jpg. When I choose to open a photo jpg on my Note 3 using my PC, it will only open with Microsoft's Picture Viewer. I can't even rotate the photos. The PC seems to treat the Note 3 (or possibly any newish Android device) differently. It also does not give me the option of "manually" opening the jpg with my preferred app on the PC as well. There are less options under Properties. It might have something to do with Windows not treating the phone as a drive anymore but a media device instead which is very annoying on its own especially because it can't be changed. My old HTC Desire HD could be seen as a drive. Does anyone know how or if this can be changed? Thanks very much.

It can't be. Up to ICS, the phone behaved like an external drive. Since then it behaves like a media device or a camera (which will give you the same results).

The only way to get around this is to drag the picture to the computer and open it from there.

It can't be. Up to ICS, the phone behaved like an external drive. Since then it behaves like a media device or a camera (which will give you the same results).

The only way to get around this is to drag the picture to the computer and open it from there.

Thanks very much for your reply. I was hoping that wasn't the case yet expecting it to be....bugger! Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom