• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't read music files?

I just got my sidekick yesterday and it was fine and now out of nowhere it has stopped reading any music files. I have mmp3 and m4a and it was working fine before but now it says they are incompatible or something like that. help me please

I just got my sidekick yesterday and it was fine and now out of nowhere it has stopped reading any music files. I have mmp3 and m4a and it was working fine before but now it says they are incompatible or something like that. help me please

Are you using the included 2GB SD card or did you like many people upgrade to a larger size card?

SD card come in classes 2,4,6, and 10 (maybe class 8 but I am not sure)

When you hear class ratings for SD cards, the rating is about write speed.

Class 2: 2 MB/s
Class 4: 4 MB/s
Class 6: 6 MB/s

Samsung phones have been prone to fail when using a class 2 card.

You can usually find out what class it is by looking at the card.... note the little "2" by the Sandisk logo..... most Sandisk cards are class 2.

htc-evo-4g-micro-sd-card-2.jpg

i have the same problem i have htc one and all of a sudden my phone stopped reading some music files, and every day i would be missing more. i know 100 % it played this songs before and now it cant. it is so frustrating cose i had such good collection of music and now i have to re-download missing fires i tried to update my system but it didn't help, also i was suggested to reboot my phone and what it did is just deleted all the music files that couldn't play, so apparently for some reason it becomes temp files which is odd, why does it do that, i never had this problem with my other phones, does any one have the answer to that? how do i get my music back or at least i dont want to keep on missing my music files, please help

Back
Top Bottom