• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't receive messages

stofvod

Lurker
Mar 23, 2011
So, this is probably the millionth time you get this question, because I've read a lot about this problem on so many different locations, but I did not find a solution there so I'll try asking it myself again.

So I have a Samsung Galaxy Apollo GT-I5800 Android 2.1
and started to notice lately that I do not get messages from certain contacts
I've read on a forum that that has to do with somebody sending me a message over 160 characters to which the system blocks and on top of that blocks the following messages of that contact
But once I charge my phone, it always starts buzzing like crazy and all the textmessage come through at once
This is such an annoying thing because people are trying to contact me but I'm not able to answer unless I have a plugg near me?

And I know that charging your phone whilst it is completely not with an empty battery yet, slightly damages your phone, so I try to use the battery as long as possible until it's completely empty

Now another thing I've read is that it is a common bug with Android 2.1, 2.2 phones to which is not found a solution yet, but the more recent phones are not having the bug (as far as I found in research)

I thought about taking it back to the store but I've been reading everywhere that the people at Samsung themselves are not able to fix it?
If anyone has the same problem or is able to help me, please do because I'm getting devistated here and am losing faith in the glorious Android I've always cheered for

And I know that charging your phone whilst it is completely not with an empty battery yet, slightly damages your phone, so I try to use the battery as long as possible until it's completely empty
I can't help you with the messages, but this about the battery is no longer the case. That's for the old NiCad batteries. The newer LiPo batteries don't develop a "memory"

Upvote 0
I updated my Galaxy 3 to 2.2 about a month ago and it worked fine for 3 or so weeks and then stopped receiving messages so that I had to put the SIM into another phone on 3 separate occasions withi 3-4 hours or so. Then it worked again for a week until last Thursday I had to put the SIM into my old Nokia again to clear it. Next week I am going to send the phone for warranty maintenance.

I.e. I have experienced the problem of not receiving SMS with both Android 2.1 and 2.2 with both the stock messaging application and the Go SMS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones