• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cant root captivate, please help

russ9127

Got a new captivate today, my previous one was running the leaked froyo. Sent text messages to the wrong people (potentially dangerous problem) running 2.1 and froyo. So anyway i exchanged it and got a brand new captivate and i'm trying to root it on the stock 2.1.

I know how, i'm somewhat of a noob. I tried two different update.zip's and one click root but nothing works.

I get stuck on this

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
E:Can't open /sdcard/update.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted

Note: I rooted my first captivate just fine. This one just likes it's bloatware and doesn't want to cooperate, thanks!

Got a new captivate today, my previous one was running the leaked froyo. Sent text messages to the wrong people (potentially dangerous problem) running 2.1 and froyo. So anyway i exchanged it and got a brand new captivate and i'm trying to root it on the stock 2.1.

I know how, i'm somewhat of a noob. I tried two different update.zip's and one click root but nothing works.

I get stuck on this

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
E:Can't open /sdcard/update.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted

Note: I rooted my first captivate just fine. This one just likes it's bloatware and doesn't want to cooperate, thanks!
have you tried sgs rooter i use it or super one click root

I had the same problem, using 1-click root. Here's how I got it to work: I set the USB setting to mass storage, and turned on USB Debugging. Plugged in the USB cord but DID NOT go through the sequence to mount the disk. Then, it worked perfectly. Try it without mounting.

Back
Top Bottom