• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't send a single text....

Hollaback12786

So idk what's goin on with my phone I was running midnight Rom 1.3.1 for a few days and then earlier out of nowhere I cant send any texts, I have full service, 3g and phone calls work but no texts, I'm on the downgraded hboot with the new sprint radio and firmware, been getting the radio interface error which I haven't had since "turning my phone into a 3d" been running the sprint firmware since it came out without a problem, tried flashing a different radio, wiped my phone and reflashed the rom, updated profile, prl, tried the stock Rom and the ##clear# thing too but nothing works, only thing left that I can think of is running the RUU....anyone have any idea to fix this issue?

P.s. I also thought it might be a tower problem but no matter where I went and what tower I was connected to I still have this issue :(

I'm on the opposite end of the country from you, and yesterday I couldn't send a text for a while, it just kept showing that it was sending then would fail. I have not gotten any radio error message that I am aware of. But about 10 minutes ago I got a text that said

" An incoming text message didn't come through due to a low balance. Top-up to add to your cash balance or purchase a messaging pack now. Go to virginXL > top-up."

My top-up is not for days, and I even got an email from VM saying "your top up date is coming soon.....etc" like two hours ago. I have sent two test messages to myself and haven't received them. Usually they get here the second the sending is complete.

Running the latest version of Harmonia with s-on (I just have root and a rom nothing else). I even went to the update settings and did profile and prl but it didn't make a difference.

I'm on the opposite end of the country from you, and yesterday I couldn't send a text for a while, it just kept showing that it was sending then would fail. I have not gotten any radio error message that I am aware of. But about 10 minutes ago I got a text that said

" An incoming text message didn't come through due to a low balance. Top-up to add to your cash balance or purchase a messaging pack now. Go to virginXL > top-up."

My top-up is not for days, and I even got an email from VM saying "your top up date is coming soon.....etc" like two hours ago. I have sent two test messages to myself and haven't received them. Usually they get here the second the sending is complete.

Running the latest version of Harmonia with s-on (I just have root and a rom nothing else). I even went to the update settings and did profile and prl but it didn't make a difference.

Well I was on the phone with customer service forever and they tried everything they could think of and nothing worked so I said screw it my last option is run the RUU and rada! Phone is running the way it should, gotta work now but after I gotta reroot and that fun stuff, luckily the RUU doesn't change my S-OFF status :D

They told me there was an outage in my area after they tried other ways. Calls work, 3G Youtube streaming works, text zilch, even after deleting old messages and removing Handcent for the stock app. Been running the system updates randomly and it is stuck in 1X now. If I have 3G on and any bars and I try sending a text all the bars grey out and so does 3G then it comes back on when the text looks like it sent.

The text aren't being sent because I have a couple throw away phone to test them on and they don't receive from the EVO but they do from each other. I did see online some people with Sprint are having the same issues, so maybe the outage is right.

Back
Top Bottom