• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help can't transfer files

SofTA

Hello,
A couple of weeks ago I enabled developer mode so I could disable auto-updates. More recently, I paired my phone to my computer. Today I needed to transfer several files, so I connected my phone to my computer via USB, as I've done since day 1, except now the phone is only charging. I went into developer options and found the USB section, which was already set on file transfer.
I searched how-to's for help, and find that I should be getting an option to modify what the USB connection does when I connect, but the phone only wants to charge and is not giving me any other options.
What can I do to get my file transfer capability back?

Did you swipe down and it will show USB transfer mode? And connect the usb with comp too?
Yes I did and no it didn't.
Charging only. Obvious things first, have you tried another USB cord. and USB port on your computer?
Hmm, I hadn't thought of the cable as being something obvious, but indeed that was the problem - I was using a different cable. As soon as I tried the cable I usually use it worked fine. Lesson learned, thanks.

Yes I did and no it didn't.

Hmm, I hadn't thought of the cable as being something obvious, but indeed that was the problem - I was using a different cable. As soon as I tried the cable I usually use it worked fine. Lesson learned, thanks.

Happy you sorted it. FYI some USB cords that might come with cheap chargers can be wired for charging only, and not data.

Back
Top Bottom