• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Can't use other micro USB charger?

airtrons

Apr 25, 2010
I have a micro USB charger for my Bluettoth headset (Plantronics) and another for my work phone (LG).

I can't seem to get the X to charge up using either??? Interestingly, if I take the iPhone charger and change the cable from the USB/30 pin to the USB/micro USB it works fine.

All the chargers are rated 5V. The X on any regular USB port on any computer I've tried so far.

So, if the 5V is the same for all those chargers, is then just a question of driving enough amps into the X?

I've found that the charger for my Amazon Kindle works for charging the DroidX. Which is great, because now that I have the Kindle app, I probably won't be using the Kindle anymore.

On the other hand, I have a generic charger that I used for my previous phone, the Motorola Rival. When that charger gets plugged into the DroidX, the touch screen stops working...

Upvote 0
I'm hoping my LG Voyager car charger works, it's micro as far as I know so I am golden.

I hate the whole Micro/Mini, jeezus it's confusing.

Micro=thinner, flatter head
Mini=squarer, shorter, thicker head

My old phone is an LG EnV2. The charger from that works with my Droid X.

My wife has an LG Voyager, which has a different plug design than my EnV2.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones