• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Can't use other micro USB charger?

airtrons

I have a micro USB charger for my Bluettoth headset (Plantronics) and another for my work phone (LG).

I can't seem to get the X to charge up using either??? Interestingly, if I take the iPhone charger and change the cable from the USB/30 pin to the USB/micro USB it works fine.

All the chargers are rated 5V. The X on any regular USB port on any computer I've tried so far.

So, if the 5V is the same for all those chargers, is then just a question of driving enough amps into the X?

I use a generic micro usb car charger with mine and it works. I wish it had a charging led so you could know it is charging rather then having to look at the battery symbol

I've found that the charger for my Amazon Kindle works for charging the DroidX. Which is great, because now that I have the Kindle app, I probably won't be using the Kindle anymore.

On the other hand, I have a generic charger that I used for my previous phone, the Motorola Rival. When that charger gets plugged into the DroidX, the touch screen stops working...

I'm hoping my LG Voyager car charger works, it's micro as far as I know so I am golden.

I hate the whole Micro/Mini, jeezus it's confusing.

Micro=thinner, flatter head
Mini=squarer, shorter, thicker head

I used the wall charger from my BB Storm 2 and it worked. I like it because it is longer than the cable that came with the DX.

Hey mods, it seems we have three or four charger threads talking about the same thing. Can we get a merge ova hea! LOL

I'm hoping my LG Voyager car charger works, it's micro as far as I know so I am golden.

I hate the whole Micro/Mini, jeezus it's confusing.

Micro=thinner, flatter head
Mini=squarer, shorter, thicker head

My old phone is an LG EnV2. The charger from that works with my Droid X.

My wife has an LG Voyager, which has a different plug design than my EnV2.

Back
Top Bottom