• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

car charger recommendations please

otter

I'm getting fed up w/ these cheap car chargers. I've had cell phones since they came out and always have used a car charger. Every time I get in the car I plug it in.I used to keep my phones for a few years and never went through more than 1 car charger. Now, less that a year I'm ready for my 3rd damn one :mad:. I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary with it. I don't slam it, rip it out of the phone when done charging or anything else and I'm rather careful.

I had one from Verizon and what looked to be a better quality from a verizon rep store, but heck that only lasted 2 months! The tip of where it plugs into the phone always comes loose and wiggles then it stops working eventually because it doesn't connect properly

Can anyone suggest a good brand/quality car charger? I have a droid 1, but aren't they all universal now?

I always use OEM. Make sure you check the specs on any charger that you buy. Not all provide the same amount of current. The less current, the slower the charge. That can be an issue if you're using GPS or similar battery hogs.

My OEM Motorola charger supplies 950mA which exceeds even what the OEM wall charger supplied (850).

Can anyone suggest a good brand/quality car charger? I have a droid 1, but aren't they all universal now?
MicroUSB is microUSB. However, universal != quality.

I bought a Kensington USB Car Charger that is just a USB Port that plugs into the Cigarette Lighter.

This way each time I upgrade my phone I can still use the supplied USB cable to charge it and do not need a new car charger for each phone. It also helps when friends bring their phone in the car and need a charger.

Back
Top Bottom