• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Carrier name not apearing on new Galaxy Note 9

AlanDn

Lurker
I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and for some reason the Carrier name does not appear on the top left of the screen like it did on my S7 edge.

The Note 9 is model SM-960U1 and it is running stock Android 9 ringtone free at: Download Free Ringtone
Samsung ringtone
Thanks

Last edited:
Whereabouts on the top-left of the screen? On the status bar, or when you pull the notifications down?

I don't have a Samsung, but phones that are closer to stock Android than Samsung haven't shown carrier name on the status bar for many years, and screen shots of Samsung's version of Android 9 don't show that either. On my Pixel you have to fully expand the notifications for the carrier name to appear (at the bottom, as it happens). So maybe Samsung have followed stock Android in their new UI and (re)moved that? Or maybe there's an option hidden deep in their settings?

yeah it is in the very top of the notification bar......TBH i do not like it there. i'm not sure, but i could have sworn before pie, it was not there. but i have noticed it after the pie update.

you are lucky you do not have it. i hate it TBH.

Back
Top Bottom