• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Best ROM With Up-to-date Firmware

Gharb0129

Hi all,

I haven't updated my ROM in quite some time. I'm actually getting a new phone in the next couple months but I am experiencing a lot of issues with me EVO 3D. I'm assuming this is because my firmware is way out of date. I just did a complete backup on my device and then factory reset it.

I'm just looking for a ROM that I can boot up and have the most up-to-date software.

I rooted my device a couple months after the EVO 3D came out and i haven't had any issues or changes since then. I would simply flash new ROMs once my phone felt like it was slowing down.

I'm Running:

ClockworkMod Recovery v4.0.1.5.

Android Version: 4.03

HTC Sense Version: 3.6

Software Version: d3rpICS_drama_OM5.1

Kernal version: 3.0.16-g4211684

A rom won't give you the most up to date firmware....
You will have to flash that.

I use and LOVE CMB's PACMAN ROM - All the goodness of Paranoid, AOKP and Cyan plus his own tweaks!

This will upgrade your firmware.....I recomend H-boot 1.04

I am assuming you are S-off .....

http://androidforums.com/cdma-evo-3d-all-things-root/645138-complete-firmware-files-switching-between-1-50-1-58-hboots.html

I am indeed S-off.

It's been a while so bare with me.

I am currently HBOOT-1.40. Is there really any need to change?

Will my version work with CMB's PACMAN ROM?

I am indeed S-off.

It's been a while so bare with me.

I am currently HBOOT-1.40. Is there really any need to change?

Will my version work with CMB's PACMAN ROM?

Yes, it should run with your version. No need to change Unless you like the ENG hboot 1.04, which is compatible with more roms than the stock hboot 1.40.

Back
Top Bottom