• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Can I change key behaviors?

Is there a way for me to change key behaviors, specifically the search key? Or is the process too difficult or can be a pain in the neck?

Could you be more specific? What are you trying to accomplish?
Like change the behavior of it. For example: I wanna change the search key behavior. So when I press it, it takes me to an app like twitter or my sms app. You know, change the behavior it does.

Like change the behavior of it. For example: I wanna change the search key behavior. So when I press it, it takes me to an app like twitter or my sms app. You know, change the behavior it does.

Ah.

I think you would have to modify the apk that you want to have that functionality to trigger on the search key push. I'm not aware of any app that would make it so you could define which app is launched.

No. Changing the capacitive buttons behaivor would be a pretty difficult task. A lot more than just settings it since they have a function to go along with every app not to mention you would probably have to incorparate your own kernel to accompliah this. So unless you know adroid file structure to a t and are a master in visual c++ I would say its next to impossible. A task probably no developer would ever go through the trouble of doing.

Back
Top Bottom