• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Can't get past boot screen on custom roms

I've successfully rooted my Moto G, I had CWM installed and I've tried to install two roms so far, and it just keeps hanging on the boot screen. I tried the deodexed stock rom and CM11 and same issue. Currently I'm waiting for the dl to finish to get back to stock, but any advice on what to do?

And now I just get a purple screen after boot after attempting to reinstall everything to stock and I'm really getting frustrated.

The things you describe means it either wasant installes right, or it isnt made for your model.

OR you didnt clear cache and factory reset

i may have a clue. try to format system, data, and cache and then try to install the rom of choice. we use philz since its the go to for this device. the thing is you have to have an updated recovery to flash some custom roms. but yeah which recovery do you use, the standard cwm, cwm touch, or philz. and make sure its specifically for the falcon device. you will know since its specifically for boost.

OR you didnt clear cache and factory reset

I did both of those, I'm quite used to rooting phones and the procedures for installing roms. I have been since my first Android phone several years ago.

i may have a clue. try to format system, data, and cache and then try to install the rom of choice. we use philz since its the go to for this device. the thing is you have to have an updated recovery to flash some custom roms. but yeah which recovery do you use, the standard cwm, cwm touch, or philz. and make sure its specifically for the falcon device. you will know since its specifically for boost.

It was CWM. I'll take a look into philz. And I do download roms that are made for Boost phones, currently I'm trying to get past the purple screen issue after booting the phone when it's not in fastboot. (I tried following the get back to stock guide, and that's where I am getting stuck. Bootloader is still unlocked though)

Alright, Phillz worked. The other recovery must've been janky. I appreciate the help mel4787, saved a lot of unneeded frustration xD

I have ParanoidAndroid installed. However, I've been having issues of random rebooting early on no matter what ROM I use, mainly dealing with toggling on and off Wifi.

So another issue, whenever I flash the deodexed stock rom, it just hangs at "Starting services" and goes into a boot loop. Meh.

i got the same thing you had gotten. i thought my phone was done for. but thanks to a backup i got it to boot. but i had a small window to move my backup. do you have a backup on your phone? and did you do the partition update to the phone that was on the forums?

I ended up getting a rooted stock optimized rom off XDA and everything is back up and running smoothly. I think also it played in part early on due to the recovery I got, but needless to say I already have a backup just in case anything would happen again haha

lol. well glad things are up and running for you. philz recovery can do wonders. now maybe some roms will work for you

Back
Top Bottom