• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Change the "All Apps" button / icon?

Chrishuff1

Lurker
May 3, 2013
I just sort of upgraded from a CM7 rooted Evo Shift to an Evo 3D. One thing I've noticed is the All Apps button on the 3D won't allow me to change what it points to. On the Shift I was able to have it launch a program called App Folders where I had my apps in different folders and such. Do I have to root my 3D to enable me to make that change or is it possible to do it without rooting?

There are launchers you can use for that. But you were using CM7. You would probably have to be running Cyanogen mod on this phone to do exactly that. Now I have the VM version of the phone so I don't know if there is a CM7 for this phone but even so I say screw that. Too outdated. Use a CM9 ROM or a CM10.1 ROM. You need to be rooted, S-Offed, and downgrade the Bootloader if you want to run CM10.1 tho. CM9 is usable with the Juopunutbear Hboot that the S-Off program installs I believe tho. But you absolutely have to be S-Off to use a CyanogenMod ROM and either way you're gonna save yourself a lot of boot loops by obtaining S-Off anyways. :) Just Google search "Evo 3D CDMA S-Off Juopunutbear"

Upvote 0
There are launchers you can use for that. But you were using CM7. You would probably have to be running Cyanogen mod on this phone to do exactly that. Now I have the VM version of the phone so I don't know if there is a CM7 for this phone but even so I say screw that. Too outdated. Use a CM9 ROM or a CM10.1 ROM. You need to be rooted, S-Offed, and downgrade the Bootloader if you want to run CM10.1 tho. CM9 is usable with the Juopunutbear Hboot that the S-Off program installs I believe tho. But you absolutely have to be S-Off to use a CyanogenMod ROM and either way you're gonna save yourself a lot of boot loops by obtaining S-Off anyways. :) Just Google search "Evo 3D CDMA S-Off Juopunutbear"

Ahh yes, the launcher! That did the trick! Didn't intend to root this one so I'm glad I can still do it without rooting. Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones