• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Error during restoring?

When I back up my rom through clockwork recovery, it says "No sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext" So when I restore it skips that step in restoring it because it can't be found. How can I fix this? This causes problems when I try downloading apps in the market. It doesn't let me download any at all.

I don't think the Evo 3D uses sd-ext. My backups don't backup sd-ext, either, and I restore without issues. Try clearing your data on the market/play by going to settings > applications > manage applications > all tab > Market/play > clear data.

If you still see it as 'market', then that could be the issue, as well. I wasn't able to download on some of my backups because my market wasn't up to date. If it isn't updating manually, you can force it by installing it from here: [Updated x2] Download: Google Play Store (Formerly Android Market) v3.5.15 APK With A New Tabbed My Apps Interface, New Review Features, And More

I don't think the Evo 3D uses sd-ext. My backups don't backup sd-ext, either, and I restore without issues. Try clearing your data on the market/play by going to settings > applications > manage applications > all tab > Market/play > clear data.

If you still see it as 'market', then that could be the issue, as well. I wasn't able to download on some of my backups because my market wasn't up to date. If it isn't updating manually, you can force it by installing it from here: [Updated x2] Download: Google Play Store (Formerly Android Market) v3.5.15 APK With A New Tabbed My Apps Interface, New Review Features, And More

It does update. I just can't restore a backup cause then I won't be able to download from the market. To fix it, I have to flash the Rom again and start over. :/

That is just weird. But I don't think sd-ext is causing it. What recovery are you using? Are you clearing your cache and dalvik before you make backups? Or are you restoring the cache as well?

I never backup my cache directory. And I always clear cache and dalvik before making a backup and after I restore a back up to make sure there's absolutely no conflicts. I think you're seeing some of those conflicts.

SD back up is normal, it does not back that up, and restoring your back up has nothing to do with the market, what is most likely happening is when you are restoring your old backup it has the old Market app, update your market app to the Google Play and your problem will be solved.

Now if your saying your apps are not in the market, then that is either your are not storing them on the Google website, or you are not doing a titanium back up

It does update. I just can't restore a backup cause then I won't be able to download from the market. To fix it, I have to flash the Rom again and start over. :/

Ok this iis what I do: Flash my Rom, cyanogen, then use titanium backup to restore my apps. Then if I come across a new Rom I wanna try out I back up my current Rom by going into clockwork recovery and backing it up. During the back up process, it says sd-ext not found, skipping step, so it finishes the back up and say I didn't like the new Rom, I go back into recovery and restore my Rom. During the restoring it says sd-ext not found, skipping step and everything else finishes. So I reboot and download my apps through titanium and Google play is there, updated, and when I try to download a new app, it says error processing purchase, regardless if its free or not. Oh and downloading apps works perfectly when I flash the Rom from new, but it doesn't work when I restore a Rom.

Well the SD-ext not backing up is normal, so that is not your issue, I will have to think about this a little more, seems very strange, have you done what J had mentioned, once you back up, go into the Google Play application and clear cache and data, and then try it again. All I could think of it is something with your current Rom, what I would like you to try is flashing another Rom, use it a bit, then back that Rom up, then restore and old back up, and then restore the new back up you just did, and see if it does it with the new Rom back up.

Also what base version are you on ?? 2.17 ??

Ok this iis what I do: Flash my Rom, cyanogen, then use titanium backup to restore my apps. Then if I come across a new Rom I wanna try out I back up my current Rom by going into clockwork recovery and backing it up. During the back up process, it says sd-ext not found, skipping step, so it finishes the back up and say I didn't like the new Rom, I go back into recovery and restore my Rom. During the restoring it says sd-ext not found, skipping step and everything else finishes. So I reboot and download my apps through titanium and Google play is there, updated, and when I try to download a new app, it says error processing purchase, regardless if its free or not. Oh and downloading apps works perfectly when I flash the Rom from new, but it doesn't work when I restore a Rom.

Sd ext is only used when you have partitioned your sd card. It pretty much acts as more internal memory for the phone. It's not.really a feature needed on this device with it having plently of internal storage and ram. Everyone rooted with an EVO 3d is seeing that skipping of sd ext in recovery. There's two things I can say it possibly is atm. One if your using cyanogemod 9 a lot of market apps aren't all compatible with android 4.0 yet. The next thing would be if you are restoring system/app or even data/app data. The data could be conflicting with new rom. Especially if you are.coming from an aosp(cyanogen) and switching to HTC sense. Couple suggestions Jmo's switch to twrp1.1 or the new recovery(ext4) if your using touch recovery get rid of that too. Also make sure to check the boxes upon setting up where it says to keep this device backed up with my google account. I personally don't use that.many apps that.I need need to use titanium(about 47) and I can switch from one rom to another in about a half hour. This is with google play restoring my apps without titanium.

Back
Top Bottom