• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Kernel messed up my wifi?

I started running Anthrax kernel and now everytime I try turning on wifi, my phone completely freezes and i have to pull out the battery and turn it back on. Help?:o

If your S-Off then you don't need to use Flash guide. What Rom are you running.?

I did follow your guide. I'm completely rooted. I have s-off. But I don't know what FlashGUI is. Educate me?

And which kernel? If you're using an older kernel with a 2.17.651.5 ROM, it might cause these issues.

I started running Anthrax kernel and now everytime I try turning on wifi, my phone completely freezes and i have to pull out the battery and turn it back on. Help?:o

Check the kernel thread. There is a WiFi fix in one of the posts

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Check the kernel thread. There is a WiFi fix in one of the posts

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

That fix is primarily for S-ON Unlocked devices, because S-ON Unlocked doesn't let a program from the /recovery partition flash to the /boot partition. So the kernel isn't flashed properly.

I think the OP is either using a bad kernel, or trying to use a 2.17.651.5 kernel with an older ROM.

Back
Top Bottom