• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] MEID auto resetting.... :-(

joonboi

Lurker
May 7, 2012
So I flashed my phone to Boost many months ago, and have been happily using my 3vo on Boost (big thanks to all who wrote guides!!!!) I then started experimenting with different ROMs to see which was best. I ended up with Negalite Blurom (suited me perfectly).

After about a month of using it with no hitches, my phone booted like 3 times in a row (without fully finishing the boot process) and when it finally fully booted, my MEID was once again the original 3vo MEID.

I have tried multiple times to reflash, and at first would get the double reboot after zeroing out (effectively killing my changes) I finally passed that stage, and re flashed, BUT, my phone constantly reboots, and halfway through booting, reboots again (resetting the MEID.) What can I do to fix this?? Has anyone had this happen to them...

Also, as I am on boost with 1.58 S-ON. I have tried to get S-off, but have been REPEATEDLY unsuccessful. What option do I have for.native VM notifications (if I ever fix.my phone... Remembering that boost DOESN'T do conditional call forwarding for google voice or youmail or any other third party voicemail service...) I know there's a fix for GB but I have yet to see a fix for ICS

My current phone info is

Stock rooted 4.0.3 ICS
HTCDEV unlocked (S-ON) 1.58 HBOOT
Semi-flashed to Boost Mobile (currently only data works)
MEID, reset from incog to 3vo (reason for this post)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones