• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Persistent Voice Mail problems

joe5150

I have been having multiple issues with voicemail notifications for a long time. The first and oldest problem is a persistent notification saying I have a voicemail. Every time I reboot it shows up. I dismiss it and after a short time it reappears. I can clear it by going to Settings/Apps/All and then clear data for phone. But it eventually returns. I've called Boost, they can't fix it. I've googled it for over a year, and see that others, regardless of carrier, have the same issue. ICS, JB, now KK and the problem has not been resolved. There has got to be a way to fix this. Any help is appreciated.

Second issue: Because of the above problem I have to check for my VM manually. As soon as the call connects I begin receiving text notifications telling me about voice mails I have waiting. They are often a little jumbled but sometimes include the phone number of the caller. I'm pretty sure the issues are related.

How to fix this?! It has made me miss more than a few important calls.

If you are not using a stock rom, voicemail does not work properly. Notifications on non-stock roms are text messages from 9016 instead of proper notifications. The carriers have all moved to visual voicemail, which requires these text messages so it knows when there is new voicemail and when you delete them. The VVM app is supposed to intercept these messages and respond appropriately, but this only works on stock roms at the moment.

There it is then. I thank you for such an articulate explanation. Finally some one that knows.

Its weird but I can live with the issue much more comfortably now that I have an explanation. The unknown stuff bugs the s**t outta me though.

I expect to have to live with it for a long time to cone too. If its been a known bug for this long, I doubt anyone is bending over backwards to resolve it.

There it is then. I thank you for such an articulate explanation. Finally some one that knows.

Its weird but I can live with the issue much more comfortably now that I have an explanation. The unknown stuff bugs the s**t outta me though.

I expect to have to live with it for a long time to cone too. If its been a known bug for this long, I doubt anyone is bending over backwards to resolve it.

Yeah, I had this problem on my Rush as well as I do this phone. It's pretty easy to get used to but definitely bothersome

Back
Top Bottom