• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] [ROM]{CDMA} Jun-13 MeanROM v4.5 | 2.17 | OC/UV | Beats | 50+ hr standby | 4000+ Quadrant

New release, OP updated, http://androidforums.com/evo-3d-all...-oc-uv-beats-50-hr-standby-4000-quadrant.html

v4.4

Changes:
  • Back to 0.5.2 stable version of Dodava kernel
  • Updated undervolting for the "MINIMUM" setting

Results of above changes:
  • Dodava 0.5.2 kernel is the most stable version
  • Some voltages were too low in the "MINIMUM" voltage table: corrected in 4.4

Recommendations:
  • If coming from a prior version of MeanROM, OK to try installing without a full wipe, however...
  • If you run into issue, do a backup and then flash Modified_SuperWipe. Then install fresh!

Upvote 0
Why, you can simply wipe Cache and Dalvik and then flash and you loose nothing.

Pardon me as the Evo noob in me comes out, but I know that no question is a dumb question.... Ofcourse, opinions vary...

That said, can I use this on a Boost flashed evo 3d?

It was quite some work getting it going and not sure of all the ins and outs of this phone, especially as its flashed over.

Im on 2.17.651.5 with 1.50 hboot rooted S-ON

Thanks in advance

Dj

Upvote 0
Pardon me as the Evo noob in me comes out, but I know that no question is a dumb question.... Ofcourse, opinions vary...

That said, can I use this on a Boost flashed evo 3d?

It was quite some work getting it going and not sure of all the ins and outs of this phone, especially as its flashed over.

Im on 2.17.651.5 with 1.50 hboot rooted S-ON

Thanks in advance

Dj

Hey DJ, I know diddly about flashing across carriers (understanding Boost is one of Sprint's) and what works and what doesn't, but it appears your firmware, etc, matches up so I think it all would be well. As DonB says, nandroid first and you can't go wrong! Lots o' luck!

Upvote 0
I've been having probs with MMS on my EVO, I tried everything and nadda. So, I said to myself, "look up Mean Rom issues" and WHALLA, a bran new Rom with MMS fixed. Who would have thunk it :) Thanks guys!!!!

I really like this Rom, even more than before. I've tried nearly 8gb worth of downloads of other Roms over the past 3-4 months and I am glad to be back with Mean Rom. This is a "Solid" Rom, especially for the every day driver.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone...I'm really sorry for the noob question, but I'm kinda new to flashing roms. My friend helped me installing the version I have now (v2.6) so I wanted to put this new version myself.

I went through these steps:
1. Wiped data / factory reset
2. Wiped cache
3. Format /system
4. Format /cache
5. Format /data
6. Wiped dalvik cache
7. Then installed

But I still get stuck in a bootloop :/

What am I doing wong or what do i need to check for? I really want to learn this and get it down. Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
Hey, I was a noob not so long ago. The first and most important thing to do is back-up your original factory Rom (use 4EXT for best results-download app and install) then make sure your phones software set-up is compatible for the Rom; meaning that you need to know if your firmware version, h-boot, s-off or s-on is all compatible. The introduction to "Mean Rom" will tell you what you should have to achieve the best results. You do not need to format, only wipe cache-devlk and wipe data (factory reset). After you flash the Rom zip you should flash the latest "superuser zip", then reboot. Try all that and see what you get. Good Luck!:D

Upvote 0
Hi everyone...I'm really sorry for the noob question, but I'm kinda new to flashing roms. My friend helped me installing the version I have now (v2.6) so I wanted to put this new version myself.

I went through these steps:
1. Wiped data / factory reset
2. Wiped cache
3. Format /system
4. Format /cache
5. Format /data
6. Wiped dalvik cache
7. Then installed

But I still get stuck in a bootloop :/

What am I doing wong or what do i need to check for? I really want to learn this and get it down. Thanks in advance!

What recovery are you using?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones