• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Root Fail! Help needed!! (Boot Loop)

nigelking94

Jun 11, 2012
]I'm really new to the root world. I tried to root my evo 3d and everything was going perfect until the phone was rebooting. I used meanrom ics and twrp as my recovery. It loaded up to the lockscreen for only 2 seconds and then rebooted. My phone is HBoot 1.5 and S-ON. One thing I noticed was that when I tried to backup data, systems and other stuff, twrp said it couldn't becuase memory was full. Either way around, I just want access to my phone. As of right now, there is no way for me to use my phone in any way. I can access bootloader, but nothing else. I don't see a way for me to install a different ROM since I can't go past bootloader. Please help!!!

Note: I have already tried clockworkmod recovery. Same thing happens.

I have found a way :D

1. Get Mtty here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/28321691/mtty1.42.zip.html
2. Right Click Activesync icon in tray, and select connection setting, then un-mark Allow USB connections at Activesync Connection settings.
Image Hosting - ImageHosting.com

3. Extract the zip file and Run mtty.exe and select USB from the Port dropdows list and then click OK button.

4. press Enter two times for showin USB>
5. Type:
set 14 0
[ENTER]
task 8
[ENTER]
(for soft-reset).

6. Ur device should reset and u might close mtty utility.
7. Done.

ur device should be just fine... if not try to re-flash the OS again while in Bootloader (press and hold POWER+RECORD button then press RESET)

re-enable/re-mark Activesync after this proccess might necesarry, to allow USB Connection again for enablin Activesync ur pda with ur PC.
The steps aren't mine .

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
ok, where is smartflash? Is that in 4ext or is it somewhere on my phone? I'm not sure how to do s-off. Which method is easier in you're opinion?

Smartflash is in 4Ext, go to Settings - Recovery tab. It's somewhere in the middle. It may work or not work for you. For some people i heard that it works, for me it won't work, my phone always rebooting.

The only way for me to flash ICS ROM is to get S-Off first. I used Juopunotbear method. It's easy to do, took me 10 minutes to did it.

Upvote 0
Smartflash is in 4Ext, go to Settings - Recovery tab. It's somewhere in the middle. It may work or not work for you. For some people i heard that it works, for me it won't work, my phone always rebooting.

The only way for me to flash ICS ROM is to get S-Off first. I used Juopunotbear method. It's easy to do, took me 10 minutes to did it.

Where would I find some wire around the house? Or do I need to buy it?

Upvote 0
so guys, what rom were u guys on when u used the juopunutbear method? as i understand u need to be on a stock gb rom or as recommended in xda the leedroid gb rom, idk why i get stucked in bootloop when i flash leedroid rom. so just wondering if any of u guys tried it with ics roms instead?

I restored my Nandroid stock rom. They say it may or may not work with any other rom, but I wouldn't risk it though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones