• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Still Stuck in bootloop......

fplives

Hello everyone.Thought someone could help me?I bought this phone and was trying to bring it back to life,Updated to the latest ruu have s-on hboot ver 1.58.Still stuck in boot loop.battery doesn't charge so I bought a wall charger.Charged battery still boot loop?can get into fastboot tried some commands don't know fastboot well though.Tried flashing a rom through fastboot just get errors.Thought copying this may give someone an idea on whats wrong?Thanks for all the help:rolleyes: it also can't see sd card in it also

C:\Users\\Desktop\HTC_fastboot_files>fastboot devices
HT16JHX03294 fastboot

C:\Users\Desktop\HTC_fastboot_files> fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.58.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.09.00.0706
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 2.89.651.2
(bootloader) serialno: HT16JHX03294
(bootloader) imei: 355195000000010
(bootloader) product: shooter
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8260
(bootloader) modelid: PG8610000
(bootloader) cidnum: SPCS_001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3800mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: RUU
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-3f645641
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.016s

C:\Users\\Desktop\HTC_fastboot_files>

I'm sorry,but after multiple factory resets and RUUs,I believe we can safely assume some sort of hardware damage :-(

Per chance,Does the phone boot normally if its plugged into a pc or wall charger?

are you unlocked and have a recovery installed?

if so,you can try this to check your emmc:

boot to recovery

open cmd. enter the following:

adb devices
adb shell
dmesg | grep mmc0

good output(gsm 3d with ext 4 recovery):
Code:
c:\miniadb_shooteru>[COLOR="Red"]adb shell[/COLOR]
~ # [COLOR="red"]dmesg | grep mmc0[/COLOR]
dmesg | grep mmc0
<3>[    2.973723] mmc0: No card detect facilities available
<6>[    2.974150] mmc0: Qualcomm MSM SDCC at 0x0000000012400000 irq 136,0 dma 18

<6>[    2.974333] mmc0: Platform slot type: MMC
<6>[    2.974455] mmc0: 8 bit data mode enabled
<6>[    2.974638] mmc0: 4 bit data mode disabled
<6>[    2.974730] mmc0: polling status mode disabled
<6>[    2.974852] mmc0: MMC clock 400000 -> 48000000 Hz, PCLK 0 Hz
<6>[    2.975035] mmc0: Slot eject status = 0
<6>[    2.975127] mmc0: Power save feature enable = 1
<6>[    2.975310] mmc0: DM non-cached buffer at ff007000, dma_addr 0x570ac000
<6>[    2.975432] mmc0: DM cmd busaddr 0x570ac000, cmdptr busaddr 0x570ac300
<6>[    3.099577] mmc0: new high speed MMC card at address 0001
<6>[    3.100005] mmcblk0: mmc0:0001 KLL00M 2.25 GiB
~ #

THat output is from my gsm evo 3d. if you get errors intermixed with that code,or something like the following,then the emmc is likely at fault:
Code:
mmc0: failed to get card ready
mmc0: reinit card
mmc0: Starting deferred resume
mmc0: Deferred resume failed

I just recovered from dorkin up my phone. If no one minds, Ill toss in how I got back up and running (with alot of help here on forums), and maybe return the favor of all you guys helping me out. Ill include all files I used, minus the ROM.

FIRST OF ALL-
I have s-on hboot 1.50. I WILL ASSUME YOU ARE S-ON ALSO.

1. So, I downloaded smooth criminal ( a suggestion since im actually on boost, not sprint).

Place that rom on your sd card.

2. Downloaded the 4ext recovery zip. (You only need the recovery.img file from the zip. Open the archive with 7zip and place recovery.img into the sdk-tools folder. Dont, I repeat, DO NOT put on the sd card. I assume your s-on.)

3. Downloaded sdk tools (I included the sdk tools.zip. Unzip and move to its own c:\ folder)

4. Ok, so using 7zip (free here 7-Zip) , I RIGHT CLICK THE 4EXT.ZIP, open archive. Copied recovery.img to sdk-tools folder.

5. Then, did same move with smooth criminal rom. Only I moved the boot.img to sdk-tools folder. (I have a copy of the ROM on my laptop from which to get the boot.img file from. Dont mess with the ROM on the sd card)

6. Pull battery, hold vol dwn and power to get into hboot.

7.Plugged in phone to usb/computer cable (select fastboot till it says fastboot usb)

8. Go to start, run, type cmd hit enter

9. Type cd c:\ sdk-tools

10. Should now see c:\sdk-tools>

11. type fastboot boot recovery.img

12. If that finished ok, type fastboot boot boot.img (this installs the roms image to boot up)

13. Now, reboot into hboot menu by pulling battery.

14. Select the recovery option. That should put ya into 4EXT recovery.

15. Install the ROM like normal

Should boot up and run. If it does, go to 4EXT Development to get the recovery updater app. Select ONLINE AND S-ON IF YOUR S-ON. IT WILL INSTALL 4EXT RECOVERY PERMANANTLY.

I AM A NOOB WITH THIS PHONE. PLEASE, IF I MISSED SOMETHING, PLEASE CORRECT ME. I DID THIS FROM MEMORY, BUT I SPENT 2 DAYS GETTING IT GOING, SO I THINK I REMEMBERED IT ALL.

I think you can try to flash the ROM first, then do the boot.img thru sdk-tools second. I think I did it both ways.

I hope this helps you get your phone going.

PLEASE EDIT AS NEEDED. THIS MAY NOT BE THE FASTEST, OR EASIEST WAY, BUT ITS ALMOST VERBATIM HOW I GOT WORKING AGAIN.

Attachments

Thank you for the idea. I was stuck in a boot loop also with the HTC Screen resetting over and over. I believe my error was putting a GSM Kernel on a CDMA Phone which really screwed me up. At first it was just not hooking up to WIFI and a lot of other little things until I did something and wham:confused:. (don't know what for sure:D)

So I read your post and thought well let me try a boot.img from a rom and see what happens. I finally seen a boot screen and I was ecstatic:). But it did not boot up, but it gave me an idea much like what you are talking about except I do have 4ext installed and have the option to install of SD with zip file.

I got the boot.img from that particular ROM.zip and put it on my HD, installed the ROM.zip, then basically pushed or <fastboot boot boot.img> the file which in turn booted the ROM. I have not yet reset the phone to see if it held but the phone works great right now and I can sync it, replace the kernel (if I have to) , or even do a factory restore now (I think:rolleyes:).

Anyhow awesome Idea from one noob to another who has been feverishly working on this problem for a while now.

MarcusK

HTC EVO 3D, CDMA, S-Off, root, and running great.

hello ! i think i got the same problem too except mine hasn't quit bootlooping and i don't have custom recovery.

i've tried running fastboot boot recovery.img like dwilson did but the 4ext wouldn't installed. everytime i went into hboot select recovery, mine got htc logo with white screen.

I no longer have the HTC eco but if you use the Rom posted above and follow theses instructions, all should go well.

Also, make sure boot loader is unlocked.

Back
Top Bottom