• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] used phone...can't charge

rcj176

Lurker
So I found this phone on craigslist. Brought it home, he said it needed to be charged. I have had it on the charger for the past almost 2 hours. No charge light has come on. I have tried my charger for my galaxy s3 (same one fits). Nothing has come on. I plugged the usb into my computer and the computer didn't recognize it. He said it was rooted...I know nothing about rooted phones. I bought it for my daughter as a Christmas present to replace her old phone. I have done battery pulls. I have read other threads and saw someone said to do the vol down and power button at the same time. Still nothing. I also saw to pull the battery and hold down the power button for 15sec and then replace battery and power on. Still nothing. I am worried that have been scammed. Please someone help me.

So I found this phone on craigslist. Brought it home, he said it needed to be charged. I have had it on the charger for the past almost 2 hours. No charge light has come on. I have tried my charger for my galaxy s3 (same one fits). Nothing has come on. I plugged the usb into my computer and the computer didn't recognize it. He said it was rooted...I know nothing about rooted phones. I bought it for my daughter as a Christmas present to replace her old phone. I have done battery pulls. I have read other threads and saw someone said to do the vol down and power button at the same time. Still nothing. I also saw to pull the battery and hold down the power button for 15sec and then replace battery and power on. Still nothing. I am worried that have been scammed. Please someone help me.
Go into settings and find what ROM it's on.

You may also have a bad battery, Try bringing it in to a Sprint store and have them look at it, without it tuning on there is not much we can do.

One word of advice for future reference, when you buy anything for CL, check it first, don't ever take the sellers word for it ;)

So I thought I was being smart and took a friend (man) with me to get a phone from someone on craigslist for my daughter. She needs a new phone and isn't not eligible for an upgrade right now. Its important for her to have a phone because of her diabetes and in case of emergencies and such. So this guy scammed us and sold me a phone that won't charge and won't turn on. He told me it just needed to be charged. Took it to Sprint and they said it was liquid damaged. Now he won't give me my money back until he said he sells his galaxy s3. Unless I want to pay him the difference for the s3. Then he said he was going to Pa last night. changed and said I could meet him at his house this morning before 12. Then he said he would sell his phone and wire the money back home.

So now what do I do?

Back
Top Bottom