• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cellphones at Movie Theaters

Kissin' in the back row
Of the movies on a Saturday night with you
Holding hands together you and I
Holding hands together oh yeah
Smooching in the back row
Of the movies on a Saturday night with you

AMOLED could be worse actually. Especially ones with curve edge screens, like Samsung Edge that can spread light out of both sides as well as front.

There is a type of screen filter, so that only the person looking directly at it can see the display. It restricts the viewing and light emission angle. It's often seen on ATMs to try to ensure privacy.

Of course in a theatre, nobody should be using a phone once the movie starts

,A few years back we took our daughter and foster son to a movie. Movie is getting ready to start some guy pulls out his phone and started yaking away. Another guy asked the guy to lower his voice and suggest that he perhaps step out into the lobby till the call is over
Guy on the phone gets upset and makes some odd ball remark make me or what if I don't want to?? I forget exactly what he said but several of us parents stood up looking at the guy. There was a dad and mom close to him and the dad suggested he turn it off he look at the dad like he was nuts, he then glance at the guys wife who's getting ready to crawl over the seats and the next thing we heard was "power off,"

Back
Top Bottom