• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Certain apps cannot detect SDCARD!

SteboMT

May 24, 2013
Atlanta
OK I have a rooted stock rom SGV. I have TWRP 2.6.3 and have the WiFi tether APK installed. Like most SGV users I have played around with Link2SD, App2SD. I no longer use these apps because I decided that I would just keep the bare minimum apps I need and remove the others.

The problem I have is apps like Dropbox and Glide, Snapchat and others cannot detect an SDcard. I have a 32gb fat32 external sdcard. I have 600MB of free internal memory!

Glide tells me to plug in an external sdcard to use it, Dropbox has blank thumbnails and gives me an error when I try to open an image or video. Snapchat use to tell me the same when I wanted to view a video. Snapchat works now. I still get the optimizing apps 1 of 51 every time I reboot. I even reinstalled Link2SD and did the reset permissions function, cleared the cache and dalvik cache.

Whenever I view the cache, it's always empty. No matter how many apps I remove the phone always hovers about 78 to 98 MB free ram. I can use Cleanmaster and clear running programs to free up about 256 MB ram but after a few minutes it's always filled back up.

Any ideas???

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones