• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Change delay for power button press

nsa_sailor

Android Enthusiast
Is there a way (hard/soft ware) to change the delay for the power switch to turn the screen off? When I grab the phone out of my pocket or hand it to someone to see a photo, I/they usually end up grabbing the phone by the power button, which then kills the screen and you have to push the power button and swipe through the lock screen to get it back.
It would be nice to have a longer delay before the screen turns off, so that you don't kill the screen by accidentally touching the power button.

If you go into your lock screen settings, uncheck "lock instantly with power key" & adjust your "lock automatically" time to a higher time, that may solve your issue.

This way if someone hits the power key by accident, you can just hit it, or the home button quickly & the screen will just light back up where you left off.

That's what I'm looking for, but I don't see that option on the Lock Screen or Lock Screen Options settings page. I have a Verizon phone too.

Now I see...

If you change your lock screen to one of the options that incorporates a level of security (swipe is no security), you'll see the other options.

Back
Top Bottom