• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Change number of signal bars in stock ROM?

DBlake

Is there a way to change the number of signal bars without just editing the images? I would love to get the 4 signal bars and combined 3G/WiFi/Signal bars on a stock ROM without CM10.

im pretty sure you can, dunno if rom toolbox can, but if you crack open the right framework file its in there somewhere

combining the wifi and signal bars would be a change of behavior though so it would require reprogramming. you will probably even have to reprogram the behavior of the bars to get them to act right unless oyu just wanna make both 4 and 5 bars full bars

im pretty sure you can, dunno if rom toolbox can, but if you crack open the right framework file its in there somewhere

combining the wifi and signal bars would be a change of behavior though so it would require reprogramming. you will probably even have to reprogram the behavior of the bars to get them to act right unless oyu just wanna make both 4 and 5 bars full bars

About the combined part, I mean like how the WiFi/3G and the 4 signal bars looks in CM10 (3G in top left of signal) THe images are there, but it's probably not going to happen without editing some smali files, which I'm honestly garbage at.

By the way, there are actually 6 signal bars. The reason I want to change it is because it looks so unnatural in ICS.

Xposed with tweakbox module has the option to change the number of bars to 5 or 6 not sure if that's what your looking for says Samsung only I haven't tried it yet. Also tweak box is included in superrom.

Xposed with tweakbox module has the option to change the number of bars to 5 or 6 not sure if that's what your looking for says Samsung only I haven't tried it yet. Also tweak box is included in superrom.

It doesn't work. It's Samsung-specific.

Back
Top Bottom