• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Change recent apps button back to menu?

Kuhns787

Android Enthusiast
I am not liking the recent apps button I would really like the menu button back is there a way to do this. It is really bugging me like when I am in facebook and other apps there are things I am now not getting access to because of this? Or am I missing something here? I see that press and hold on the button works sometimes is that the only way to use the recent apps button as the menu button?
 
I am not sure of a way to change the recent apps button to a menu button, but you are correct that if you long press the recent apps button it behaves like a menu button.
 
Stupidest decision Samsung made on the S5 imo.

I agree!
But the other thing I want without downloading a different lock screen is widgets. I liked that feature on my S4 or am I missing some way of setting this up?
 
Has anyone come up with a fix to swap the apps button back to menu? I used it as a menu button in several apps including work email that is the #1 used app on my phone.
 
I am not liking the recent apps button I would really like the menu button back is there a way to do this. It is really bugging me like when I am in facebook and other apps there are things I am now not getting access to because of this? Or am I missing something here? I see that press and hold on the button works sometimes is that the only way to use the recent apps button as the menu button?


It is still there in the same place. Notice that button has a Double Outline?

The menu is that button held down (long depress)
Also the same thing is available if you touch the 3 dots on the upper right corner.

Either or both of those might be missing depending on the Application's Programmer's adherence to standards.

I have seen the dots missing but the Menu Button long depress brings up the Menu.

Likewise, both will bring up the menu if present.

Personally, I think it is neat that Samsung made that key a dual purpose function. I use it both ways frequently.
 
I am not liking the recent apps button I would really like the menu button back is there a way to do this. It is really bugging me like when I am in facebook and other apps there are things I am now not getting access to because of this? Or am I missing something here? I see that press and hold on the button works sometimes is that the only way to use the recent apps button as the menu button?

use nova launcher and you can customize it..
 
Back
Top Bottom