• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Change sound & default behavior when USB connected?

jeffdlb

Android Enthusiast
When I connect my Photon via USB to my laptop, the default behavior is to mount the SD card, and a notification sound plays. I would like to change the default to charge only (as on the Evo) and turn off the annoying sound. I unchecked SD Card Notifications in Sound Settings, but this did not actually stop the sound. Any way to change these two behaviors?

When I connect my Photon via USB to my laptop, the default behavior is to mount the SD card, and a notification sound plays. I would like to change the default to charge only (as on the Evo) and turn off the annoying sound. I unchecked SD Card Notifications in Sound Settings, but this did not actually stop the sound. Any way to change these two behaviors?

I don't know if there's a way to turn off the connection sound, when connecting via USB, but I do know you can change the default selection.

When you connect the phone via USB, pull down the notification bar, select Charge only, and disconnect the phone. From what I recall, the MoPho remembers the last action that you chose prior to disconnecting the phone from the USB.

If that doesn't work, there should be a way to delete the cache for selection (but can't remember off the top of my head), so you can go back and select charge only as the default.

My phone use to ask mean when I connected my phone to my computer if I want , charge or to connect a couple other ways nowigdoesnt, give, options it only charges. How doI fix this.

My phone use to ask mean when I connected my phone to my computer if I want , charge or to connect a couple other ways nowigdoesnt, give, options it only charges. How doI fix this.

It usually saves a default, once you choose for the first time. Just pull down the notification menu, click on USB, and it'll give you the selection window.

I do not get a notification menu anymore either.

Any suggestions:confused:

Can you take a screenshot, with the notification bar pulled down (while the phone is connected to the PC)?

If you don't know how to do that, download screen grabber:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...sMSwxLDMsImNvbS5taW5kcGhhemUuc2NyZWVuZ3JhYiJd

After you download that, launch screen grabber and adjust the settings so that it can be used on a non-rooted phone (unless you're rooted).

Then take a screen shot with the notification bar pulled down. If you don't have a notification bar at all, not sure what is going on with your phone, unless of course you've rooted the phone and somehow deleted the notification bar completely.

Back