• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Changing Carrier Name

i am rooted.

here it says:
If you are running one of the Froyo based roms, you can edit the build.prop file located in your system folder and achieve the same results easier:
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Virgin Mobile
You can use more than the 17 charatcer limit of the eri.xml edit using this method, confirmed by mmarz

So all i need to do is change the virgin mobile on just this line ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Virgin Mobile and it will change my carrier name or will it mess up my phone?

Untitled-1.jpg

i am rooted.

here it says:
If you are running one of the Froyo based roms, you can edit the build.prop file located in your system folder and achieve the same results easier:
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Virgin Mobile
You can use more than the 17 charatcer limit of the eri.xml edit using this method, confirmed by mmarz

So all i need to do is change the virgin mobile on just this line ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Virgin Mobile and it will change my carrier name or will it mess up my phone?

Untitled-1.jpg

No, that won't work on the mt. follow these instructions for froyo Roms:

http://androidforums.com/triumph-all-things-root/416573-tip-froyo-how-change-carrier-name.html

Back
Top Bottom