• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Changing my Gmail Account

hey all, when i first received my DX i was using a gmail account that i didn't use all that much and the email address was pretty dumb sounding as well. now that i'm almost done with college, i decided i needed a much more professional sounding gmail account, and i decided i wanted to start out fresh and a not receive a million junk emails a day. however, my phone is tied to my old gmail and i don't want to lose all of my info when i switch over to my new one.

now i have a few questions about this whole process. 1) am i going to lose all of my contact information such as phone numbers and emails? 2) will i be able to keep all of my paid apps or will i have to buy them again? 3) is there any way to do this without resetting my entire phone?

thanks in advance.

Well your apps are tied to the old gmail address you want to change. You do have the option of adding a second account to the phone, and just turn the syncing off so it won't notify you of emails any more.

Back
Top Bottom